Local Service District

Management of Local Services in Kingsclear LSD

In Kingsclear LSD, the delivery of local services (i.e. garbage pickup, dog control, recreation, policing, fire protection) is the responsibility of the Minister of Environment and Local Government. The Minister has administrative and financial decision making authority for these services. The Minister's staff representative, the Local Services Manager, is:

Ivan Corbett - Local Services Manager/Fredericton Local Services (Regional Office )
Department of Environment and Local Government
Marysville Place
PO Box 6000
Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1

T: (506) 453-2838
F: (506) 325-4323

Region 11 Service Commission (RSC 11)

RSC 11 is governed by a Board of Directors accountable to all communities within its region and is comprised of the Mayors of Municipalities and Rural Communities and representatives of the unincorporated areas. Unincorporated area representation is made up of locally-elected Local Service District Advisory Committee Chairs. They were nominated from among fellow LSD Advisory Committee Chairs and they represent all LSD areas within the region (at large representation).
The Commission is mandated to provide the following services:
• Regional Planning
• Local Planning in Local Service Districts
• Solid Waste Management
• Regional Policing Collaboration
• Regional Emergency Measures Planning
• Regional Sport, Recreational, and Cultural Infrastructure Planning and Cost-Sharing

Regional Service Commission 11
860 Prospect St, Fredericton, NBE3B 2T8
Phone: 506-453-2956
Fax: 506-457-4896
Toll Free: 1-866-453-2956

New Brunswick Department of Environment and Local Government

The purpose of the Watercourse and Wetland Alteration Regulation (90-80) - Clean Water Act is to protect provincial streams, rivers, wetlands, and lakes from work or ground disturbance in their vicinity.
Any person intending to carry out specific activities (see details below) within 30 metres of a watercourse must acquire a Watercourse and Wetland Alteration Permit (WAWA Permit). There is an application process that must be followed and there is a fee required. The fee is for processing/review of the permit application and in cases where a permit is denied, the fee will not be returned.
Activities for which a WAWA Permit is required are as follows:
• Construction of structures on or in the watercourse or wetland, such as retaining walls, breakwaters, bridges, culverts or wharves.
• Installing or modifying a dam or other water level control structure, or installing or modifying a pipeline crossing.
• Carrying out repairs to existing structures on or adjacent to a watercourse or wetland that result in a change in the size, shape, materials or alignment of the structure, or involve construction or excavation. This includes building or maintaining a drainage ditch or roadway within 30 metres of a watercourse or a wetland.
• Driving or operating any machinery in a wetland or on the bed of a watercourse, or operating heavy machinery within 30 metres of a wetland or the banks of a watercourse.
• Disturbing ground within 30 metres of a wetland or the banks of a watercourse.
• Removing vegetation from a wetland or the bank or bed of a watercourse, or the harvesting of trees within 30 metres of a wetland or the banks of a watercourse.
• Depositing or removing any material such as fill, sand, mud, gravel rocks, debris, etc. from a watercourse or wetland, or land located within 30 metres of a watercourse or wetland.
• Draining, pumping, or otherwise taking water from a watercourse or wetland.
• Creating or altering a pond connected to a watercourse or wetland, or that is within 30 metres of a watercourse or a wetland.

For a permit application package contact:
Phone: 506-457-4850

Fire Protection Services

Upper Kingsclear Fire Department
Emergency Dial 911
Fire Hall (non-emergency) phone number: 506-363-5207
22 Mazerolle Settlement Road
Upper Kingsclear, NB E3E 1V5

Policing Services

Police protection for Kingsclear Local Service District residents is provided through the RCMP (District 2) under the agreement between the Federal Government and the provincial Department of Public Safety. Kingsclear LSD is served primarily through the Keswick Office (Oromocto Rural North) with support from all other units when required.

If you have any
non-emergency related questions about your policing services please contact the RCMP District 2 at 357-4300 or the Keswick office at 452-3754. There is also the toll free number 1-888-506-7267 (English) or 1-888-506-1472 (French) for non- urgent inquiries.

In an emergency call 9-1-1

Solid Waste Management

Monday is garbage collection day for the KLSD. Service is provided by:
Fero Waste and Recycling Inc.
91 Timothy Avenue S.
Hanwell, NB
Phone: 472-3376

STORM DATES: In the event of a storm, every effort will be made to collect your household garbage.
Instructions: A person who disposes of garbage or refuse through a collection service provided by the Minister of Local Government shall ensure that all garbage and refuse that is placed for collection at roadside by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day. The garbage must be contained in a bag or cardboard box that is securely closed and that does not weigh more than 23 kilograms when filled or exceed 1.2m x 0.6m x 0.6m, or it must be securely bundled into a package that does not weigh more than 23 kilograms or exceed 1.2m x 0.6m x 0.6m. No person shall dispose of more than 45 kilograms of garbage or bundled refuse on any collection day.


Recycle pick-up (both grey and blue box materials) occurs on the first Monday of every month. For more information about what is recyclable in KLSD, consult Fredericton Region Solid Waste Hotline at 453-9938 or

Animal Control

The New Brunswick SPCA is responsible under contact with the NB Provincial Government for dog control in the rural areas and Public Service Districts of the province.
If you live in a Local Service District, call our province-wide number, 1-877-722-1522, for help with problems such as:

• stray dogs running at large
• nuisance dogs
• dog attacks on people or animals

The NB SPCA has partnered with DocuPet to issue rural dog licenses through an online registry. Pet owners can now register them directly by going online to, or by calling 1-855-249-1370. They can also send an email to Once their pet is registered, pet owners will receive their license tag in the mail within 8 to 10 business days.
If you have any questions, contact
Bernadette MacFarlane at NB SPCA, 506-458-8208.

Government Contacts